[Coco] CoCo Progression...

David Gacke dgacke at ektarion.com
Mon Sep 27 10:23:58 EDT 2004

The new CPU would be backward compatible with the old CPU. Also, it's
much easier to implement some of the new features in the list of items
you mentioned if they are attached to a new cpu.

A possible idea would be to leave the addresses from 0-ffff as is for
legacy support, including the bank switching, gime register maps, etc.
And build the new features in above that address.

Also, it's easy to emulate a CPU, it's much harder to emulate the
idiosyncrasies (timing, etc) of a graphics chip.

Dave