[Coco] RS-DOS file manager for OS-9

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Sep 21 15:57:29 EDT 2004

Allen,

I've thought about an RSF file manager, and it's doable, but you will
run into several problems right away:

(1) Utilities like dir, copy, are written with some degree of knowledge
of the underlying file system.
(2) RSF would have to handle file types (binary, ASCII) somehow.
(3) For write support, record locking would have to be implemented ala
RBF.

It could be done, but would require some thought.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com
Mobile: (337) 739-7584