[Coco] OS9 Newbie Question

Eric J. Rothfus eric at rothfus.com
Sun Sep 19 21:30:41 EDT 2004

I have diskette images for much of OS9, and I'd like to get
it up and running on my CoCo III 128k.  Could anyone take a
moment to give me a quick primer on how to get it running?
Just to the level of "use the XXXX disk",  "type DOS", "wave
magic wand", etc.

I have an image OS9Boot.dsk that I've tried to load with the "DOS"
command from the CoCo prompt.  I get a "booting OS9" followed
by a "Failed" message.

Being a newbie to OS9, I really don't know what I should be
trying to boot, or what I should be expecting.  A pointer to
an OS9 manual scan may work just as well.

Thanks for any help!

Eric