[Coco] RGB/HDB-DOS drive swapping

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 19 14:31:58 EDT 2004

Robert Emery wrote:
 ><snip>
>
> A RAMdisk is one thing I thought about... copy Master HD# to RD, switch to
> slave, copy RD to Slave HD#. That would be *really* cool if the Slave was a
> CDRW... haha, right after the flying pigs start a snowball fight in hades. ;-)
>
> Bob

I don't see why you could not do it. As long as the Cloud-9 hardware
supports a medium scsi, ide, flash RAM, etc. and can talk to it, then a
RAM disk could be used as an intermediary.

All you need to realize is that drive numbers 0-3 don't use the RGBDOS
HDBDOS special commands so only one type of special drive needs to be
assigned at a time. That means any operation that can be performed with
a floppy and special medium can be duplicated with RAM and the medium.