[Coco] running RSDOS games from hard drive?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 19 14:24:38 EDT 2004

Robert Emery wrote:
> --- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>HDB-DOS can access more than one hard drive if Boisy has not removed
>>this ability;
>>
>>On my system, I have an 80Meg and an 11Meg hard drive and switch
>>between the two via software without rebooting. The drives don't even
>>have the same offset for Disk Basic. While I could backup via a floppy
>>from one hard drive to the other, I can also do it via the RAM disk.
>

> In a fraction of the time I'm sure :-) I meant to ask, what if one of the
> drives is CHS (like both of yours) and one LBA (>540MB)? Or, like Allen H., one
> is IDE and the other SCSI? I see overlays being selected by WIZARD.BAS... looks
> limiting

I don't know what utilities Boisy is supplying with the Cloud-9
hardware. It is possible that he has written a low level transfer
utility or something else to facilitate bulk transfers from one "hard
drive" to another.

> Bob
> BTW, Robert, do you need a bigger HD?

I've no real need for larger drives on my Coco system. I might feel
differently if emulators were not available but with the possibility of
160Meg plus drives via MESS, unlimited storage on the PC drives, and my
actual Coco system I could never require bigger units.