[Coco] running RSDOS games from hard drive?

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 13:29:19 EDT 2004

--- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> HDB-DOS can access more than one hard drive if Boisy has not removed
> this ability;
>
> On my system, I have an 80Meg and an 11Meg hard drive and switch
> between the two via software without rebooting. The drives don't even
> have the same offset for Disk Basic. While I could backup via a floppy
> from one hard drive to the other, I can also do it via the RAM disk.

In a fraction of the time I'm sure :-) I meant to ask, what if one of the
drives is CHS (like both of yours) and one LBA (>540MB)? Or, like Allen H., one
is IDE and the other SCSI? I see overlays being selected by WIZARD.BAS... looks
limiting

For the record (I don't think it should matter software-wise) I am using a
Pocket IDE adapter, configured to emulate the Glenside IDE.

Bob
BTW, Robert, do you need a bigger HD?