[Coco] running RSDOS games from hard drive?

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 12:42:50 EDT 2004

--- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Robert Emery wrote:
> ><snip>
> > PACDUDE2.BIN is the best example I can think of at the moment.
>  ><snip>
>
> As previously posted, I found this game on the Web (binary and source)
> and have tested it with a MESS / RGBDOS system. The game worked for me
> on drive 14 with no problems. I assume it should therefore work on a
> real Coco hard drive system with no problems. There is nothing obvious
> in the source code that would indicate a problem with a hard drive system.
>
> Perhaps I don't have the same Pacdude2 that you have.

Interesting... perhaps not. I don't remember where I got the binary file from,
and not quite up to the task of modifying disk IO source code yet. That is
Chris's site where we both got the source code from... he did the music.

Could you send me a copy of the one that works for you? either a dsk image or a
zipped up PC copy would be fine. Also, I'll see if my copy works in an
emulator, just to be thorough.

Thanks,
Bob
theother_bob at yahoo.com