[coco] For Boisy or Mark ref Super Driver

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Sep 16 17:42:21 EDT 2004

Indeed -- it seems the current vision of what the SuperBoard WILL be is
much beyond what it was PLANNED to be.  That's very different from
Microsoft, isn't it? :-)

And the SuperDriver model is very neat -- much like OS-9/non-6809
systems.  There is RBF, the file manager that understands things like
directories and such, then there is the RBsuper "driver" that is the
common stuff that RBF type drivers do -- not sure what all that is on
the 6809 -- leaving a low level hardware driver (llXXX) to handle the
actual "get a sector, store a sector" part.

The upshot:  Less duplicated code.

Thanks to something Boisy fixed me up with, I *FINALLY* can have my IDE
interface driver AND SCSISYS loaded and working together without
conflicts/lock ups.

I wonder:  Could the disk driver benefit from using the same RBxxx?
Should there also be an ll1773 or whatever?  What about the RAM disk?