[coco] For Boisy or Mark ref Super Driver

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Thu Sep 16 17:32:00 EDT 2004

Ray,

Boisy, speak up if I mess this up....The whole driver is different from an
architectural stand point. High level and low level segments. So you can
have lets say a B&B low level driver, KenTon, TC^3, SuperIDE and they all
use the high level driver and each has a low level driver. This saves a TON
of system RAM and all are basically doing the same thing. Auto query was
added so there is no real need to set up descriptors anymore unless you
partition, then it is still a manual process the first time. After that is
is all automated. Boisy anything, else?? I'm sure I missed the details,
that is a summary.

SuperBoard- Been awhile but not as long as we have been around, invoice C9
1233, paid via PayPal, don't have the PeachTree backup at hand but you are
a paid investor. You missed a few of the last fests so you don't get a good
feel of what is going on. I post to the list but it is nothing like holding
part of it in your hand, sitting in a seminar and going through what we
have done. I believe we had over 20 new products last year, don't recall.
Most if not all had a link to the SuperBoard in some way or another. Making
progress? TONS! Working on it? ALL THE TIME! Nobody wants this board done
more than myself. Boisy flew to Mpls a few times and we mapped out the path
forward. To sum it up. If we were to sit down and attempt to do what we
have to date on the SuperBoard it probably would have never happened.
Refund and give up. The task is/was to large to attempt what we are doing
on it. So we broke it down into smaller pieces, proving the pieces of it
out and maturing the hardware and the software. This also keeps the cost
down. Since the final price of the SuperBoard has not been established the
less development costs, ie: failures, the cheaper the board will be.
Investors will get a break but it is a percentage deal. The SuperBoard will
be a multi-layer board, proto-types are expensive this cost is transferred
back to the board run. So we want to be VERY sure that the board will fit
and function before we get to that point. We have learned something in
everything we have done that will make the SuperBoard that much better. It
also has developed into a much better design.

I have been swamped by the SuperIDE project and sales this year. I work
full time and spend at least 1 1/2 hour commutting a day. I have three
orders left and I'll be caught up in my order back log. That hasn't
happened since March of this year. CoCo market? You bet!!! This is a hobby
that is taking it's toll. Very little time to do anything else. Not excuses
just REAL life sometimes gets in the way. The board is/will be ready by
ChicagoFest '05. Proto-types by year end are still on track.

Make it to the fest, we will be there and having seminars on all of our
products. They are getting more complex than the CoCo themselves!

So back to work...........

Regards,

Mark