[Coco] another silly video idea

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Sep 7 13:55:42 EDT 2004

Dave

>From a hardware standpoint, implementing a ISA 8 bit card is
easier. All that is needed is a driver or a rewrite of software. Other
means as a new GIME does require more thought and testing
especially if one intends to be backward compatible with Coco 1/2.

I have not decided on a VGA core or as to how much I intend to
implement in the first pass. Some of the rtegisters are in place and
the MMU is done. Once the video section is completed then
interconncects and testing. I am still confident that I might be able
to start testing in fpga by Thanksgiving.

Frances has delayed work a bit. I most likely now will not be able to
continue much on it until after next week. Had several trees
damaged and have to play lumberjack this week and clean up. No
structural damage to the house but about five trees got trimmed by
Frances and she forgot to clean up after herself.

james