[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Does anyone know why Dave Dies left the CoCo market so abruptly?

Mike Nelson mjnelson12 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 10:10:16 EDT 2004

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "aps4ever1996"
<aps4ever1996 at y...> wrote:
> They had some wonderful games and utilities.  Why did they leave so
> abruptly and atleast not try to have someone else sell their
software
> for them?

There was a time when Diecom had full page ads in each month, with
most of his software advertised in Rainbow (around '87-'88). He
advertised for a long time on Rainbow, mainly printed on the inside
back or inside front of Rainbow. That costed a good amount of money.
Then all of a sudden, Michtron was advertising at the same locations.
Dave Dies found out that Lonnie Falk gave a dicount rate to Tom Mix
and was very upset about it. So Dave Dies decited to 'pull out' and
after a couple months, he stopped selling his products.
That's the story I heard when I was at Rainbowfest in Princeton, New
Jersey.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM