[Coco] ceramics ...

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Fri Sep 3 15:23:30 EDT 2004

Mark,

	The parts are speced at 8.

	I already told you about the project idea. I don't think you liked it.
"CPU Paks" I would love to have a program pak with a 68000, or an 80186,
or a TI9900, or a 6502, or ... . I have no idea how to do the board. Any
suggestions.

	And of course without a job none of this is going anywhere.

					kevin

Mark Marlette wrote:
> At 9/2/2004 09:04 PM -0700, you wrote:
>
> Kevin,
>
> Most parts have a designed clock that they were certified at and
> assigned when they were tested at their manufactured date. What are
> those clock speeds of the said chips? Seems to me to be a data book look
> up process. If theory doesn't work for you then just hook them up and
> try them out at the speed you want them to run. A bit of work since they
> are just chips and require a bit of work to connect up and test. Let us
> know what you find out though. Have some plan(s) for a new CoCo project
> here?
>
> Mark
> Cloud-9
>

>> Hi,
>>
>>         No hardware. Just a pair of chips. So the question refers to
>> them. Think they would run at 14.3181818?
>>
>>                                         kevin
>>
>> Mark Marlette wrote:
>>
>>> At 9/2/2004 11:57 AM -0700, you wrote:
>>> Kevin,
>>> Overclocking is generally not a good thing to do but it depends what
>>> you are trying to do. For instance, overclocking the CoCo3 is not a
>>> good thing due to the GIME.
>>> Can you tell us a bit more about the hardware that these CPUs are
>>> connected to?
>>> Regards,
>>> Mark