[Coco] Emulator problems under XP

Stephen Blunt sblunt at agsecorp.com
Wed Sep 1 15:39:53 EDT 2004

> I always set my CD-Roms to Z, going down... stays constant
> that way no matter how many drives you add.
>

> Or just add a second harddrive. Much easier and safer IMHO.
>
> Bob

I agree it is safer to add a second HD. But I am ALWAYS restricted by the
cost of a second HD. But as Dos can only address 2GB, it is hard to find
smaller HD, and usually you end up needing to partition it anyway (currently
I have a 9GB drive split into 5 partitions).

A lot of older Dos stuff didn't understand drives other then C: for HD and D:
for Cdrom. But that only affects people like me who are trying to run 15 year
old PC software on  modern pc's. Often I find it is easier to run an emulator
for other systems (eg coco) then to get older PC software to work.

Stephen