[Coco] Emulator problems under XP

Fedor Steeman steeman at webspeed.dk
Wed Sep 1 06:18:29 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I for one had no problems at all accessing the files on the CD. I have been
using David's CoCo2 emulator in the past a lot under Win98 and I believe
also Win2000, and had a lot of good experience with it. Especially the way
you can virtually *insert* cartridges in a graphical interface and even have
to do this with a diskbasic-cartridge in order to be able to access floppies
is really, really cool.

However, as I already feared, I have problems getting it to run under WinXP.
I have been playing around with memory and compatibilitiy settings for some
time without results. Anyone has some good ideas, or do I need to take out
and dust off my old Win98 machine now, or even worse, reformat my hard-disk
to make a DOS- or W98 partition?

Cheers,

Fedor