[Coco] Emulator problems

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Wed Sep 1 01:20:15 EDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:37:52 -0700 (PDT)
  Robert Emery <theother_bob at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> WinAmp is a competitor of Real Audio, a universal player
>>for WAV, MP3, etc.
>> sound and movie clip files.   Both of these apps like to
>>take over lots of
>> your
>> PC, setting themselves up as the default for everything,
>>and bugging you with
>>
>> pop-up ads -- so while they're not viruses, some folks
>>treat them like one
>> :-)
>>

>I've never seen a popup from WinAmp. Nor does it attempt
>to access the internet
>without my knowledge, the way Windows Media Player does
>every time it runs. It
>also asks which files you want to associate with it, I
>deselected wav files.
>
>Bob

Just a follow up to my comment about replacing WinAmp with
a newer version.  I noticed that the WinAmp .exe is right
there in the CoCo folder, but I didn't really think (DOH!)
 I am wondering if I can just replace it with a newer
version and hope that the script just called out the
WinAmp.exe and doesn't require the specific version.  I'll
try this later, right now, I am off to sleep.  Cheers!

-Jim

BTW: I have noticed that my typing has been sloppy lately.
 Don't know if it's the lack of sleep or something else,
but I will pay more attention to it.