[Coco] Re: Reminder: Halloween Party (Chat) tomorrow night 7:PM PDT

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Oct 30 13:23:24 EDT 2004

On Saturday 30 October 2004 04:17 pm, Jim Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:04:21 +0200
>
>   Torsten Dittel <Torsten at Dittel.info> wrote:
> >> PS DIE REDMOND DIE ;)
> >
> > Ceterum censeo Redmondum esse delendam! ;-)))
>
> Torsten:
>
> You are evil! :D  I am assuming that is latin which I
> don't know, and I can't find a latin to english translator
> on the web.  What does it mean?
>
> Jim
>
> PS: Found some listings of it, but no translation.

Replace Redmond with Carthage (Carthago) and you'll probably find
something that closely matches.

I don't have any grudge with Redmond (I've never been there) but the
largest corporation HQ'd there should be destroyed and salt sown upon
the ruins.  (And I've got probably a Meg or 3 of Microsoft stuff here,
if you include Xenix-68k and Xenix-x86 with the BASIC ROMs and such in
old Tandy kit).  (No MS DOS or 'doze in my basement).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

You had to admire the way perfectly innocent words were mugged, ravaged,
stripped of all true meaning and decency, and then sent to walk the
gutter for Reacher Gilt, although "synergistically" had probably been a
whore from the start.                 -- Terry Pratchett, _Going Postal_