[Coco] original 16k CoCo 1 upgrade to 64k

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Thu Oct 28 23:13:04 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/28/04 3:45:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rtaylor at bayou.com writes:

> It's serial #33916, so maybe I'm good.  I read somewhere that the earliest
>  versions of the CoCo 1 can't be upgraded.

Pretty sure that to upgrade my gray case Coco 1, I had to piggy-back 8 more
RAM chips on the existing ones, and ... no, I don't think I had to get that
messy.
But I did have to wire in an unused OR or NOR gate to control the bank select
between the high and low 32K.

Unforch, I think I sold that gray case job -- though it's time to look in the
attic and see.  --Mike K.