[Coco] Problem with Disto driver and PCdos in Nitros9

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Wed Oct 6 13:37:51 EDT 2004

Charlie,

I'm sure it is the driver. I use PCdos on my machine all the time. That is
how you got the "dir" command last night. My system reads/writes in
180k/360k/720k/1.44mb modes Auto detects the disk type and switches the
controller's transfer rates accordingly on the 720k/1.44mb.

As I recall, the PCdos utility also had to patch the driver for 512byte
sector mode or something like that. I believe that the drivers for NitrOS-9
does this but third party support might not. Robert???

Mark