[Coco] Frustrated! ARGH! - Cheeky Solution!

David golgotha at toughguy.net
Sun Nov 28 07:31:17 EST 2004

> b) I cant get Jeff Vavasour's Coco3 emulator working for the life of me..
it
> either hangs (ROM-related for sure), or if I use the os9boot.mor file as
the
> rom, it wont recognise any disks as valid for booting
>

> Anyone got Jeff's coco3 emulator working?
>
> Anyone in Australia got a coco3 for sale?
>
> Anyone out there? heeeelp! *sigh*
>
> - Dave

A quick solution to my own mess..

I used Jeff's "GET3ROM.BAS" and ran it within MESS.. which dumped a copy of
the coco3 rom and disk basic to a virtual coco disk

Using the "port" utility that came with Jeff's Coco3 emulator, I transferred
both COCO3.ROM and DISK.ROM to my pc hard disk as data files (an initial run
where 'port' thought the files were ASCII and I didn't notice obviously
ended badly.. make sure all conversions are 'off!')

Now Jeff's Coco3 emulator boots and runs wonderfully!

Now I just need to get either OS-9 running, or disk edtasm :)

- David