[Coco] Re: atari USB device

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at optushome.com.au
Tue Nov 23 15:56:42 EST 2004

John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

> Well if we get USB storage working, why not just convert the disks to
> floppy images on flash drive or 3.5" USB floppy drive, or USB hard
> drive, and not hook up the 5.25"?

I thought it'd be pretty cool to be able to use a USB flash stick as a CoCo
hard disk - you could carry around your entire CoCo collection in your
pocket! Imagine turning up to a CoCo meet, plugging a flash stick into
someone else's machine, and having your own CoCo setup at your fingertips!

Having said that, I can see that a (USB) PC keyboard would increase your
productivity - I know I have trouble adapting to different keyboards. As for
USB floppy drives - I don't see the need for re-implementing 5.25" drives
(why wouldn't you just use an existing controller?) but it'd be handy for
using 'non-standard' drives such as 3.5" etc.

Of course, USB ethernet is also a pretty interesting option. Anyone feel
like porting Samba to the CoCo? ;) Or bluetooth? ;)

Regards,