[Coco] Anybody ever post "Quaver"?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 30 22:30:42 EST 2004

Neil Morrison wrote:
> I just received the tape today. I can load and transfer the basic
> menu/loader program fine, but I can't load the M/L to disk - some odd
> format? And what about the music files? Will I have to try to hack
> the basic program somehow?
>
> Regards,
>
> Neil Morrison
 ><snip>

Neil,
  "Load to disk" is not very clear. I don't think you can copy from tape
to disk so the process will be CLOADM to memory and SAVEM to disk.

Based on Dennis' message the BASIC driver loads the ML program to a
specific memory location. That suggests that the ML code was compiled
either without a loadm address or $0000 was used. Based on what Dennis
said you will probably need to CLOADM"mlcode",&H4800. That is, offset
load the ml program to its correct memory location.

The problem will be knowing how long the program is because you will
then need to SAVEM"mlcode",&H4800,&H????,&H0000. The ???? is the final
byte of the ml code and 0000 is a fake exec address. It looks like
&H49FF should be a safe address for the final byte of code.