[Coco] Re: Electrical work

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Mar 12 09:39:35 EST 2004

Hello Neil

On 03/12/04, Neil Morrison wrote:

> [...]
Ahhh now I know, and knowing is half the battle according to G.I. Joe. Can
ya tell that I had kids ;-).

>> And BTW, I get very nervous when one central government starts
> telling me
>> how to do every little thing. I especially resent some body telling
> me that
>> I'm too stupid to run a wire in my house, or open my PC (which is
> an
>> extreme example).....
>
> Well, I have three small cities within a few minutes of each other
> and a large one to the east. Each of them requires a license fee
> before I can do contract work there. And if you change provinces you
> need a license for each (unless you have a Red Seal ticket which I
> have). In NZ there are no fees once you are licensed, and one
> business license does for the whole country and not one piddling
> little town. KISS works for lots of things.

>From a businessman's point of view I really appreciate what you are saying.
I was looking at this discussion from a paraniod individualists
prospective. I too hate unnecessary, overlapping, superflurious
regulations. But ya gotta appreciate that missed govermental revenue
opportunities by doing it the New Zealands way. Maybe I should travel over
there and make a lot of $$$ by enlightening them...... Naaa

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                    _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard