[Coco] Electrical work

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Fri Mar 12 01:52:05 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com>

> Ahh no. If understand what you mean by the NEC (Nuclear Energy
Comission)
> which by the way no longer operates, at least under that name, is a
whole
> different ball of wax.

"National Electrical Code" produced by NFPA (National Fire Protection
Association)

> And BTW, I get very nervous when one central government starts
telling me
> how to do every little thing. I especially resent some body telling
me that
> I'm too stupid to run a wire in my house, or open my PC (which is
an
> extreme example).....

Well, I have three small cities within a few minutes of each other
and a large one to the east. Each of them requires a license fee
before I can do contract work there. And if you change provinces you
need a license for each (unless you have a Red Seal ticket which I
have). In NZ there are no fees once you are licensed, and one
business license does for the whole country and not one piddling
little town. KISS works for lots of things.

Neil