[Coco] Please be kind...

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Thu Mar 4 06:16:00 EST 2004

Hi,

I have the reverse problem, I cannot get good copies of large files. So I
have stopped.

Ftp RTSI worked fine when I tried it.

It is /my/ *problem* _for sure_ as my backup system has *no* problem.

My main Laptop has had internal modem problems right from the start and I
must have tried something or used some utility that messed something up. I
now use an external modem, the same one I use on my backup system.

Large file transfers start OK. Soon the transfer stops and just a few bits
dribble in slowly and if I wait for the end the resulting file is no good.

The problem occurs with WS_FTP and Internet Explorer both on Win XP which is
current with all patches.

I am looking for some way to get a handle on the problem, but the network
stuff is hard to understand unless you read it all.

Perchance does your system generate any logs that might help me?

I am unable to prove it but *MTU* is my prime idea as to what is wrong. I
cannot find any bad entries for it in the registry.

----

You have too many desirable files. I suggest we look for a place for some of
them with more bandwidth. Perhaps RTSI.

Thanks.