[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Building an embedded OS9 system from CoCo OS9

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Wed Jun 23 14:19:13 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I appreciate the responses. Let me further qualify what I'm trying to
accomplish, just for the record:

I have a ton of 68xx chips that I've been meaning to do something with. Sure
PICs are great, but I already have these and I want to use them!

I already have experience with OS/9. I have the CoCo versions of the
software... it seems logical that if I build a little single board computer
that's very similar to the CoCo I've already got a working, debugged,
realtime OS I can run without having to write something myself. Heck I've
even got BASIC09!

I picture using these boards for rather mundane purposes; data collectors,
process controllers, Nixie clocks, stuff like that. Nothing practical, just
fun.

Whatever I build though will not likely have any sort of floppy controller
though.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM