[Coco] Re: Re: Hard Drive Problems

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jun 19 01:18:02 EDT 2004

>Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:44:47 -0600
>From: Frederick D Provoncha <elderpav at juno.com>

>Would it be possible for you to email me the dskwrit program? I can't
>find it on RTSI.

OK, here it is:

PROCEDURE dskwrite
DIM inpath,outpath:BYTE
DIM block(256):BYTE
DIM count:INTEGER
DIM vfile:STRING[30]
DIM drive:STRING[30]
INPUT "emulator file:",vfile
INPUT "disk to write to (os-9 format ss 35 track):",drive
OPEN #inpath,vfile:READ
OPEN #outpath,drive:WRITE
FOR count=1 TO 630
GET #inpath,block
PUT #outpath,block
NEXT count
CLOSE #inpath,#outpath
END

Note that it is set up for single-sided disks.  I'm not sure if it
could easily be expanded for double-sided.  That would depend on the
sides of the virtual disk being recorded in the same order as the
physical disk, and off the top of my head I'm not sure how OS-9
handles that....

I didn't write this, not my code, works for me, YMMV.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko