[Coco] Re: Re: Hard Drive Problems

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Wed Jun 16 02:00:43 EDT 2004

In article <20040615.213525.1608.0.elderpav at juno.com>,
elderpav at juno.com says...

<Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com> wrote:

>> work...
>> >
>> > Fred, try this:
>> > [1] make a floppy from a NitrOS-9 image file
>> > [2] read the floppy back to a new image file
>> > [3] do a binary compare of the old & new images
>> >

>> Antoher thought Fred, do your downloaded disks work with an
>> emulator?
>>
>> Bob
>
>Now that you mention it, they don't. At least, not in MESS. I type DOS
>and a few seconds later the screen clears and I get the OK prompt. I
>haven't tried it under any of the other emulators yet.
>
>Fred

The boot track in the image file is at logical track 68 as seen by
the DOS command so a simple "DOS" fails to see it.  However, you can
get around this by telling DISK BASIC to boot from track 68 instead!
Try to boot it this way:

  POKE &HDF1C,68:DOS

This should at least start the boot sequence.  I seem to recall that
MESS handles a DSDD image if it has a '.OS9' extension name??
(I don't use MESS myself so please correct me as needed.  Maybe just
renaming the extension is sufficient??)

For the JV/JC emulators you must patch the DD.FMT byte in LSN0
to trick the emulator into treating it as a single-sided image.

Rodney