[Coco] Hard Drive Problems

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Tue Jun 15 01:41:07 EDT 2004

At 10:54 PM 6/14/2004 -0600, you wrote:

Fred,

That is GREAT news! No what caused the problem.... I have the Speech/Sound
pak down for an address of $FF7D-$FF7E. That should case NO problems with
the TC^3 and it's RTC. Do you have a Disto SC-II as a floppy controller?

Might be a dirty contact(s) on the card edge contacts of the paks and/or
the multipak. Use a white eraser and rub them, they will look new instead
of a dull color. The TC^3 should be fine...it is gold, but check to see if
they are black from the tin connector. Why Tandy did that... I know
why.....Gold is more $$$ than tin and also less reliable.... :(

As far as your Win Box....can't help you there.......Mine seem to work fine.

Well off to see for a few hours....Have logged over 40hrs the past 3 days
on the CoCo looking at traces and CPLD equations.....That doesn't count
that I went to work today!

Your welcome..... :)

Mark