[Coco] Repacking

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 03:50:37 EDT 2004

--- "Richard E. Crislip" wrote:
> Hello Robert
>
> Well... I have an old AT tower that I'd like to put my CoCo into. I also
> have a MPI that needs to go in also since I have a HD and a SyQuest
> removable as well as the usual floppies. I'd like to be able to access the
> MPI slot from outside the tower, but that may be more trouble than it's
> worth. Now I already have a CoCo3 setup to use a PC power supply (it's
> complete with 6309, Protector and Nitros and the improved RSDOS that Cloud
> 9 is selling). So getting it into that case would be sooo fine. Right now
> I'm using an Amiga 2000 power supply to power the hd and Syquest. So it
> goes without saying that this cludge requires a lot of desk realestate.

Sounds like a sweet candidate for a repack.
Let me ask a few questions to consider a plan of attack...

How many of each drive bay does the tower case have (5-1/4, 3-1/2, internal)?
Can you give me the case dimensions and possibly provide a photo of the
internal chassis of the tower?

What size drive bays are needed for the syquest and the HD?
 ''   ''   ''    '' for floppy drives?

Do you ever unplug the HD or FD controller(s)?
How many MPI slots need to be externally accessible?

Do you use a Speech pak, RS-232 pak or other romless pak?

I need details about your monitor connector (plug type, length of cable...).

I heartily recommend getting an AT keyboard adapter from Cloud-9.

That should be good for a start...  ;-)

cheers,
Bob Emery