[Coco] Re: Repacking - was Re: Hello All

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 16:04:34 EDT 2004

Hello Robert

On 06/11/04, Robert Emery wrote:

> --- "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:
>> Hello Robert
>>
>> I'm curious how many folks out there would like to repack but just don't
>> feel up to the hassle of hardware modification for whatever reason.
>> Would anyone be willing to pay for repack services, adapters, or other
>> custom modifications such as adding an internal floppy drive or joystick
>> to their stock CoCo?
>>
>> Hand raised <frantically waving>!
>>

> A'ite Richard, how do you envision your CoCo? What would best help you to
> accomplish that?

Well... I have an old AT tower that I'd like to put my CoCo into. I also
have a MPI that needs to go in also since I have a HD and a SyQuest
removable as well as the usual floppies. I'd like to be able to access the
MPI slot from outside the tower, but that may be more trouble than it's
worth. Now I already have a CoCo3 setup to use a PC power supply (it's
complete with 6309, Protector and Nitros and the improved RSDOS that Cloud
9 is selling). So getting it into that case would be sooo fine. Right now
I'm using an Amiga 2000 power supply to power the hd and Syquest. So it
goes without saying that this cludge requires a lot of desk realestate.

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                    _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard