[Coco] CoCo to CoCo file transfers

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 22:19:38 EDT 2004

Okay, I'm looking to help people having difficulty transferring files from PC
to CoCo. Besides that, it's a really retro thing to do and therefore cool by
today's standards.

I want to set up my CoCo to allow someone to dial it up and download files
directly to their CoCo. Do I need to use BBS software or can we both just use
terminal software? I have Ultimaterm 4.0, two DS drives and ModemPak, but I've
never done this with my CoCo. (I dialed up Compuserve a few times back in the
day, but at $6 an hour...)

Will this be sufficient for my end, or do I need different software to allow
this type of file-sharing? I know a better modem would be good, but that's not
an option at this point. Has anyone ever tried CSAVE/CLOAD over phone lines?
1500 baud is a lot better than 300.

Thanks,
Bob Emery