[Coco] Re: Re: R.Gault - quick OS-9 question

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 12:54:48 EDT 2004

--- Charlie <chazbeenhad at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.... I just did it again here and all was well. You should never have to
> chd or anything, the whole time at the /dd prompt is how I did it.
>
> Anyway, here is the disk, all fixed for dskini.
> http://69.3.33.239:8081/files/lsl_fixed.os9
>
> DSKINI /T40 /D B: LSL_FIXED.OS9
>
> Let me know how ya make out.

Thanks Charlie,
DSKINI made it through ok, but this disk (which works fine in MESS) won't boot
properly on my real CoCo... It hangs at the NitrOS9 **Development build**
screen... (see below)

Back to the dsave issue... I get error 214 at the /dd prompt (no permission).
attributes for both drives show d-ewrewr.

On another front, I tried OS9.EXE. It made a disk from the original file, but
that disk won't boot on my real CoCo either. Hangs at the **development build**
screen.

That got me to wondering what's the difference between an emulator and my CoCo?
Well DUH!! I was using a 128K CoCo3. I tried the disk in my 3P, the only one
with 512K, and Viola! I'm glad the sound is better in real life than in MESS.

Thanks again Charlie!
Bob