[Coco] Looking for CoCo astronomy and space software.

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Mon Jan 19 16:53:47 EST 2004

Actually a lot of the stuff there is old type Basic code which is why
I linked it to my MC-10 page. The good part is you don't need to type
and run - just run!

Neil

Sample:-
SUNUP.BAS Aug 94, p. 84 Times of sunrise/set at any place on Earth

10 '         Sunrise-Sunset
30 INPUT "Lat, Long (deg)";B5,L5
40 INPUT "Time zone (hrs)";H
50 L5=L5/360: Z0=H/24
60 GOSUB 1170: T=(J-2451545)+F
70 TT=T/36525+1: ' TT = centuries
80 '               from 1900.0
90 GOSUB 410: T=T+Z0
100 '
110 '       Get Sun's Position

1320 '   This program by Roger W. Sinnott calculates the times of
sunrise
1330 '   and sunset on any date, accurate to the minute within
several
1340 '   centuries of the present.  It correctly describes what
happens in the
1350 '   arctic and antarctic regions, where the Sun may not rise or
set on
1360 '   a given date.  Enter north latitudes positive, west
longitudes
1370 '   negative.  For the time zone, enter the number of hours west
of
1380 '   Greenwich (e.g., 5 for EST, 4 for EDT).  The calculation is
1390 '   discussed in Sky & Telescope for August 1994, page 84.