[Coco] CHIP-8 emulator for Coco

David golgotha at toughguy.net
Mon Dec 27 04:52:45 EST 2004

Hi gang,

Was just reading about the CHIP-8 virtual machine.. the specs mention it's
got 4kb of memory, a single chanel of one-tone sound, and a 64x32 mono
screen.. sounds like its crying out to be the Coco's first emulator.. :)

could even be done on a coco2, by using the semigraphics mode.. since the
graphics are all a single color, 64x32 breaks down nicely to the coco2's
32x16 text mode..

http://www.pdc.kth.se/~lfo/chip8/CHIP8.htm talks about the 'platform that
never actually existed'.. and i get the feeling this could be an interesting
project :)

anyone have any experience with the CHIP-8 virtual machine, or any comments
on how/why this should be done? :P

-David