[Coco] [Color Computer] Coco 2 Schematics

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 17:39:02 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/13/04 2:31:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rmorgan at dotnetnebraska.com writes:

I lost  my Coco and Coco2 Service manuals to a home fire a few months
ago. My  company recently hired a young intern who is very interested
in building a  Coco2

I think some of the responders are missing the point -- the newly hired
intern needs a well-defined training project.  At Bell Labs we would have  summer
students build a digital clock or do a small design on our CAD/CAM  system.

Scratch-building a Coco, while a lot of work (I'm impressed that you've got
all the parts already), is a well-defined project, with a definite test for
success -- you plug in copies of the ROMs, and see if it works.  And you  have
something useful out of it when done, and maybe learn a LOT by debugging  it,
if you don't get the major ego boost of its working the first time power is
applied.

FWIW, the physical aspects of this project would give me pause, not to
mention the keyboard and sockets, but it sounds like a fun project.  --Mike  K.