[Coco] Java/Byte Verify virus

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Thu Dec 30 19:30:28 EST 2004

All:

Just thought I should give you all a heads up about this
little bug.  Using AVG, I found I had three instances of
this virus on my system.  Good news is, because I am using
Sun's Java instead of Microsofts Java as my default, I am
pretty much in the clear.  Basically I just need to clear
the cache in Java and I should be set.

Given this is a Java based bug, I advise everyone to check
for it and to clear their Java cache regardless.  Here's
the URL about the bug:

http://java.com/en/download/help/cache_virus.jsp

This is just another reason to move to something other
than Windows.

Jim