[Coco] Speed up and slow down POKE

Larry Osborne larrybo at idirect.com
Mon Aug 2 20:26:05 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mannequin*" <mannslists at invigorated.org>
To: "cocomedia" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 6:44 PM
Subject: [Coco] Speed up and slow down POKE

> Could someone remind me if I have the speed up and slow down POKE right
> for the Coco 3?
>
> Speed up:  POKE 65497,0
> Slow down: POKE 65495,0
>
> I think the speed up is right, but I don't think if I have the slow down
> one correct.
>
> Thanks.
> -M.

As my memory goes

Whole memory (always works on a CoCo 3 - may fail on a CoCo 1 or CoCo 2)
    Speed up (double speed) POKE 65467, any digit
    Slow down (normal speed) POKE 65496, any digit

Half Memory (RAM double speed -bottom half of memory; ROM normal speed -top
half of memory)  ( Works on all CoCo's but of limited use on a CoCo 3)
    Speed up (double speed) POKE 65495, any digit
    Slow down (normal speed) POKE 65496, any digit

0 was the normal digit used but the digit had no real effect, rather it was
the POKEing the location that had the effect.

I hope this helps.

Larry Osborne