[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 10, Issue 114

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Thu Aug 26 08:43:28 EDT 2004

Yes, they were built especially for schools. I ran into a fellow in Atlanta ages ago who had a bunch of them. A school he volunteered at gave them to him when he helped set up a bunch of PCs (386 machines, I think???) for them. He found me somehow, and I took the lot to an Atlanta CoCoFest to sell for him. There weren't a lot of them, ISTR maybe a dozen (or less) working machines along with the special "network" controller. It was really only used to save and load programs. The main CoCo with a disc drive would be used to save. The each student station was manually selected to save, I believe. All student stations could be loaded at once from the main computer. Each student station just typed the load command and pressed "enter" before the main one sent. IIRC the "network controller" plugged into the cassette port of each student station. Very rudimentary, but it worked!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent

-------------- Original message from coco-request at maltedmedia.com: --------------