[Coco] Need utility to read Flex-09 floppies.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Nov 30 22:02:00 EST 2003

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It may not be of help, but I have the Flex "Adaptation Guide" manual for
> "Unknown" computers.
>
> I.E. You build a floppy disk controller and then write the bootstrap code
> using an example in the manual. A short and very simple boot loader used
> only to get started.

I am suspecting that for the Flex+ disk that I have, there is a similar
solution.

It is a dual format disk.

The disk shows up from Disk Basic with one file named "FLEX+" that does
the bootstrap.

Either that file must be used instead of the track 0, or it has a loader
for track 0 on it.

If the this boot method does use track 0, it may not be important to
have it's contents to get a boot to work.  Otherwise, it gives me a
program that knows how to read a sector of that track from BASIC.

I Can modify that to copy the track separately to a BASIC disk and then
copy that file to the PC.

I then can reconstitute it, and then see what it will take to get an
emulator to read it.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only