[Coco] The online Telenet CoCo BBS now has a domain name!

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sun Nov 30 00:18:01 EST 2003

At 11:25 AM 11/29/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm on verizon, DSL, and AFAIK the only port they block is port 80,
>because you aren't supposed to be operating a web server from your
>home machine, but enough uplink bandwidth, whatever. So most run
>their apache listening to 8080. :)

Most broadband services I have looked into have fine print saying you can't
download over so many MB an hour, and it is also common for any service to
say you can't host a website at all.

I strongly disagree with any policy saying you are "not using the
connection as intended", as DirecTV satelite service states if you download
over about 150MB in 4 hours.  They punish you by slowing you down for even
longer.