[Coco] The online Telenet CoCo BBS now has a domain name!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 29 11:26:00 EST 2003

On Saturday 29 November 2003 10:30, John E. Malmberg wrote:

[...]

>If my ISP permitted it, I would allow telnet access to my system
> here. There is no threat to my system security by doing that.

I'm on verizon, DSL, and AFAIK the only port they block is port 80,
because you aren't supposed to be operating a web server from your
home machine, but enough uplink bandwidth, whatever. So most run
their apache listening to 8080. :)

>I have never started up the ssh telnet client on my system, I would
> have to see how to do that.
>
>I would be surprised if the telnetd on Windows NT suppored ssh
> anyway.

It shouldn't John.  Its a whole, new, emphasis on security, way to do
whats basicly a telnet session.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M