[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: imgtool.exe in M.E.S.S. 0.74b is bad

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Nov 28 08:16:00 EST 2003

> If the image is a SAVEM (or CSAVEM) of graphics memory, an exec won't
> display it.  That takes a SCREEN command.

AFAIR if you want to display a PMODE4 256x192 picture on the CoCo2 until
a key is pressed, you can do that with the following BASIC lines:

10 PMODE4,1:LOADM"FILENAME":SCREEN1,1
20 IF INKEY$=""THEN GOTO20

There's another trick placing an ML "RTS" in a RAM hook:

PMODE4,1:POKE359,57:SCREEN1,1

will display the graphic screen until you type (invisibly) SCREEN0 or
POKE359,126

Be carefull, after that POKE359,57 the SOUND command will play forever
and maybe some DISK BASIC commands won't work any longer (could that
damage any disks?). Always restore the old value by POKE359,126 before
executing other commands.

Any corrections? I have tried that one the last time 20 years ago, maybe
I don't remember the exact numbers... ;-)

Regards,
Torsten