[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Re: imgtool.exe in M.E.S.S. 0.74b is bad

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Nov 28 07:40:00 EST 2003

On Thursday 27 November 2003 12:29 pm, LM wrote:

> I did noticed the Mess emulator has some problems running certain
> types of programs.  I found a copy of Telewriter 64 and was unable to
> get it to work on the emulator.  Am also having trouble getting
> pictures to show.  I remember doing a loadm and exec and having them
> stay in memory on the screen to view them on the CoCo.  The emulator
> just gives me a blank screen.  Maybe I forgot a command or something.
>  The emulator seems to work fine for most BASIC games though, which
> is good because that's what I miss the most.

If the image is a SAVEM (or CSAVEM) of graphics memory, an exec won't
display it.  That takes a SCREEN command.  At least that's how I recall
it from the simple slide shows I used to throw together back in my RSCC
days.  I really do have to fire up a couple of my color computers
again.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

... but it wasn't easy, because doubt is less easily dispelled than
illusion, and with doubt come tentative half-measures -- and nothing
worthwhile has ever been accomplished by tentative half-measures.
		Vlad Taltos, _Issola_, (by Steven Brust, P.J.F.)