[Coco] Re: imgtool.exe in M.E.S.S. 0.74b is bad

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Thu Nov 27 02:00:00 EST 2003

On 11/26/03, Nathan Woods wrote:

> Keep in mind that "lack of DOS support" is not the same thing as "lack of
> command line support". The Windows NT family of operating systems, from NT
> 3.5 to XP, have always had CMD.EXE which is a command line processor much
> better than COMMAND.COM that has existed in Win9x. CMD.EXE is better in a
> number of ways, such as better support for long file names, better
> stability among other things. However, many pure DOS programs still do not
> run.

Long file name support is not a CLI/shell issue, it is a file system
issue.  On versions of Windows which support long file names, the CLI
has no problem with them.  I also suspect that the stability you speak
of is also unrelated to the shell, though it being a program like any
other is suceptible to the same instabilities as others.

--
This message sent by writing it on a golf ball that I lost in the water.
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?