[Coco] Re: imgtool.exe in M.E.S.S. 0.74b is bad

Nathan Woods npwoods at cybercom.net
Wed Nov 26 13:18:00 EST 2003

lmemsm writes:

> I'm really used to doing
> everything through the command line and with their lack of command
> line support, I am not looking forward to future upgrades of Windows.

Keep in mind that "lack of DOS support" is not the same thing as "lack of
command line support".  The Windows NT family of operating systems, from NT
3.5 to XP, have always had CMD.EXE which is a command line processor much
better than COMMAND.COM that has existed in Win9x.  CMD.EXE is better in a
number of ways, such as better support for long file names, better stability
among other things.  However, many pure DOS programs still do not run.