[Coco] Re: 6809 emulater in C#

James Ross jr at webross.com
Sat Nov 22 02:42:32 EST 2003

Nathan Woods wrote:

>Even with JITing, Java GUI apps (IMHO) tend to feel weird and slow.  A lot
>of this have to do less with JITting but because of Java's normal GUI
>frameworks (yes, I'm counting both Swing and AWT; I'm not sure about IBM's
>SWT though).

I'll agree. I also believe that 'Code Bloat' is a major contributing
problem with Java. Also, is it possible that JIT was an afterthought
for the Java byte code, but was taken into consideration during the
design of the underlying low-level CLI for .NET?

>Well "software on the shelves" in many ways constitutes the last stage of
>the process.  I think if 80%+ of all corporate applications were written in
>.NET, .NET would be considered a decisive victory.

Good point.  Where is the real money?  Where it makes sense to make
things as simple as possible, IMO.

JR