[Coco] Re: ftp.maltedmedia

Nathan Woods npwoods at cybercom.net
Tue Nov 18 08:24:00 EST 2003

Roger Taylor writes:

> I wanted to utilize the ncFTP command tools which will be called on from
> within Portal-9 and allow anonymous uploads/downloads of self-contained
> IDE projects.  CoCo3.com's hosting service won't even allow anonymous
> FTP,  so I doubt there is any HTTP benefits in what I'm trying to do.
>
> I'll have to see how this goes and keep an open mind.

On Win32, you should consider using Microsoft's WinInet API whether you use
FTP or HTTP.  If you use that API, you can by default inherit the settings
in the Internet control panel that IE uses.  That way, you wont have to
either force people to configure FTP settings (like passive mode for those
of us behind lame firewalls) in ncFTP, nor have to expose these settings in
your app.

For more info, check out this URL:  http://tinyurl.com/vhoo