[Coco] OS9 Usergroup archive uploaded

David dbree at duo-county.com
Sun Nov 16 00:24:08 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:20:36PM -0500, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/14/03 11:20:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> bdevries at gil.com.au writes:
>
> > Sorry 'bout that
> >  but for some strange reason, LHA (v208) on my MM1 just *wouldn't* do it,

Bob,
if you mean wouldn't bust it, does your lha have a -c option for "bad CoCo
OS-9 archive"?  Perhaps this is was one of those files compiled with
that "bad" lha.

> I wish I had taken better notes on MM/1's LHA workings.  A couple years ago,
> I moved a LOT of files from my Coco to the MM/1 (using AR, now there's an
> antique), where I then busted them out and LHA'ed them to take downstairs to my
> Windows and Linux PCs, both of which have an LHA (works in a DOS window under
> Windows).
>
> Recently both PC's refused to bust an archive I just made.  Definitely it has
> to do with using the proper options on the MM/1 LHA job -- there are switches
> for "universal" format, and "Coco", and I forget what else.
>
> More important, I forgot (damned CRAFT virus) what options are necessary to
> make the archive bust on the PCs.  Will have to experiment some more -- it is
> Computer *Science* after all.

I think it may be "-g" for the "generic" format.  I think I have to use
this option with my OSK 2.08 LHA to create files that Linux can handle.

Also, remember that one version of coco's lha made archives that were
un-bustable with other lha's. I have one version of lha on my OSK
system that will bust them.

I wonder.. there's a gtar and gzip on rtsi for OSK - don't know about
coco versions.  Would this be a more universally acceptable format
nowadays?  There's a "tar", but the gtar is more compatible with gnu
tar.