[Coco] Re: 6809 emulater in C#

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Nov 14 20:20:23 EST 2003

Theodore A. Evans wrote:
> On 11/14/03, Tim S wrote:
>
>>I am thinking about trying to write an emulator for the 6809 using the
>>C-Sharp languge.
>>
>>I need to learn C# and I think it would be nice to re-write the 6809 core
>>in the MESS in C# as a first step.
>>
>>Since I don't really know C# not sure how hard it would be.
>
> If you are going to write it in a high-level language, why not choose
> one which is at least marginally portable?  There are so many to
> choose from after all.

http://www.go-mono.com/  - Open source port of C# project.

It claims to be available for x386 LINUX now.

Personally, as "mono" has not yet been seen to be ported to OpenVMS, I
would prefer to work on an emulator in C or C++.

I would tend to choose C, mainly because I do not have much C++ experience.

Apparently C# is an interpreted language, so getting an emulator to run
well on it might be a challenge, or require a very fast computer.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only