[Coco] 6309 microproccessor project - 11-06-2003

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Nov 6 23:30:20 EST 2003

At 01:10 PM 11/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>6309 microprocessor project.
>
>Hello,
>
>Since the emulator memory model follows Paul Barton's NoCan 32MB/64MB
>interface and it uses the MMU extension registers located at $FF80-$FF8F
>along with the MMU registers at $FFA0-$FFAF I'll have to move the emulator
>vhd interface from $FF80-$FF85 to somewhere else.  I was thinking about the
>area right after the PIA's.  It looks like this area might be free?
>
>$FF04 RMB 28 PIA0 IMAGES
>$FF24 RMB 28 PIA1 IMAGES

I suppose since it's only a Virtual Hard Drive interface, only for the
emulator, that it wouldn't be that bad of an idea, especially since OS-9
can be configured so easily.  But watch out for real CoCo programs that
might just happen to use some device that maps in there...

>I can actually have 2 vhd interfaces easily fit into either area.  The
>reason for 2 vhd interfaces is I felt the need to backup my emulated hard
>drive already.  If anyone can shed light on this please respond.  If it

c:\copy original.vhd backup.vhd

:)

Also, virtual floppy disks are cheaper than dirt these days!.....

c:\copy blankSS35.dsk newSS35.dsk

cheers